Thursday, March 29, 2012

6 Tips for Online Safety


Here are some basic tips parents need to go over with their child before letting them use a smartphone:
  1. Don’t get into an argument or fight online. If someone tries to start an online argument, I will not response back and talk to my parents about it.
  2. Don’t click on links that are sent to me by people I don’t know. Ask my parents first about the link.
  3. Don’t keep online secrets from my parents.
  4. Don’t call anyone I meet online without asking my parents first and even then block the caller ID on my cell phone.
  5. Don’t meet in person anyone you meet online. Tell your parents first that someone wants to meet you.
  6. Don’t accept or send anything to someone you meet online, until you talk to your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment